Quick and easy spinach dumplings.
Ingredients (makes 14 dumplings)
- 250g Fresh Ricotta
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach (thawed, well drained)
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 60g butter
- lemon rind (optional)
- chopped tomatoes (any variety)
- garlic (finely chopped or minced)
- spring onion or shallot onion (finely chopped)
- In a large bowl combine ricotta, spinach, flour, parmesan and egg. Gently mix together. Add lemon rind at this stage if using. Season to taste. Chill for 10 mins.
- TOMATO SALSA: Combine tomatoes, avocado, garlic and onions together.
- Bring water to boil in a saucepan.
- Roll tablespoons of ricotta mixture into ball, tossing in extra flour to coat. Working in batches drop balls into boiling water. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, until firm and floating on surface. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate.
- In a large non stick frypan, heat butter on high. Fry dumplings for 2-3 minutes, shaking pan occasionally, until lightly golden brown. Serve on top of salsa.
Notes... Tomato Salsa - use any variety of tomato and add anything extra you may like - basil, capers, chilli etc
Instead of a tomato salsa you could have the dumplings with pasta sauce.