This spinach, strawberry and almond salad is so easy and quick to throw together, all up it takes 15 minutes tops, and it’s deliciously satisfying every time. We’ve had this one both as an after school snack and as a side dish to dinner. The sweetness of the fruit makes the spinach a yummy treat but it’s still getting in that superfood goodness!
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups strawberries
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Sprinkle the slivered almonds on a tray and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Cool to room temperature.
- While the almonds are baking, tear rinsed and dried spinach leaves into pieces and place in a salad bowl. Top with halved strawberries and sprinkle with the toasted almonds.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together olive oil, orange juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss gently. Serve straight away or save salad and dressing in the fridge for later.