Why buy shortbread biscuits when you can make your own delicious ones at home!
Ingredients (makes 20 shortbreads)
- 250g butter, softened
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- extra icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 160. Place all the ingredients into your food processor and process until the mix resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Bring the mix together in your hands until it becomes a dough. Divide in two balls.
- Roll out dough in between two sheets of baking paper until it's 5mm thick. Using star and moon cutters, press out your shapes and transfer to a lined baking tray.
- Place the trays in the fridge for 30 minutes. (This helps the shortbreads to retain their shape while baking).
- Place the shortbreads in a 160 degrees preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until dry but still pale. Allow to cool completely before dusting with icing sugar.