If your a fan of seafood this recipe is a great healthy and light lunch or dinner option.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 Lrg Tablespoon Butter (Olive oil can be used as an alternative)
- 1.5 Kg Small mussels, scrubbed and bearded
- 6 Rashers Bacon, chopped into 1cm cubes
- 2 Shallots, sliced
- 1 Clove Garlic, finely sliced
- Small bunch Parsley, roughly chopped
- Small bunch Thyme, roughly chopped
- 150 ml Cider
- 1 Loaf Crusty bread, to serve
- Heat the butter in a large pan. Once hot, add the bacon and cook until crisp.
- Add the shallots, thyme leaves and parsley leaves and cook until soft.
- Turn the heat up to high and add the mussels, garlic and cider. Place the lid on the pan, shake gently and allow to cook for approximately 5-7 mins, or until all the mussels have opened. Discard any closed mussels at the end of this process.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mussels to serving bowls and bring the remaining juices in the pan to the boil.
- Pour the sauce over the mussels and serve with thick rustic slices of crusty style bread.