Who doesn’t love sticky date pudding? This pudding is very simple to make and delicious!
This recipe is courtesy of Weight Watchers and has only 5 ProPoints value per serve.
Ingredients (serves 16)
- 180g pitted dates, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50g Weight Watchers Canola Spread
- 1⁄2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- Plus 1⁄4 cup (55g) extra brown sugar for sauce
- 2 eggs
- 11⁄2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 185ml can reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 cup (250ml) reduced-fat vanilla custard
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Lightly spray an 18cm x 28cm slice tin with oil. Place dates and bicarbonate of soda in a heatproof bowl and pour over 1 cup (250ml) boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Using electric beaters, beat the spread, 1⁄2 cup (110g) brown sugar and eggs in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in flour and date mixture. Pour into prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Meanwhile, stir evaporated milk and remaining brown sugar in a small saucepan over low heat until sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Cut pudding into portions and serve drizzled with sauce and custard.