This cookie recipe is an old recipe passed down through my family. A favourite at our house, I’d bake this often as a youngster.
Ingredients (makes 50 cookies, depending on size)
- 125ml Unsalted Butter
- 250gm Sugar (white or raw)
- 1 Egg
- 30ml Milk
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 625gm Plain Flour
- 2.5gm Salt
- 10gm Baking Powder
- Additional sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Add egg, milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder. Bring together as a reasonably firm dough. Leave for 1 hour in a cool spot.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Roll out dough to approximately 3mm thick and cut out shapes as desired. Grease baking tray and place cookies approximately 2.5cm apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.