These hotcakes are a healthy and filling breakfast solution – perfect for Sundays with the whole family!
Ingredients (makes 10 hotcakes approx)
- 1.5 cups Wholemeal SR flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 Eggs - lightly beaten
- 60g melted butter (cooled)
- 1 cup Milk (your preference)
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds
- Sift flour and baking powder into bowl and combine well.
- Add eggs, butter, milk, zest and chia seeds – be sure when mixing that you don’t overdo it and knock all the air out of the mix! (this of course is what makes Mama’s hotcakes so beautiful and fluffy!) We used a stand mixer on medium pace.
- Cook on low - medium heat, allowing the heat to work through the hotcakes slowly and evenly.
- Have some fun with the toppings! Try serving with greek yogurt and fruit and sprinkle some pumpkin seeds for texture. Looking for a savoury something to serve up for lunch? Omit the lemon zest and serve these with our veggie lentils and a dollop of greek yogurt – also suitable for the Vego’s.