We love these sweetcorn and bacon fritters and sometimes we make them with ham instead of bacon. They are quick and easy to make and a filling food for hungry little mouths.
Ingredients (makes 10 fritters)
- 200 g creamed corn
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 40 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 rashers bacon, chopped
- Combine the creamed corn, SR flour, eggs, cheese and parsley. Mix well. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a pan until crisp and then stir it through the creamed corn mixture.
- Fry tablespoons of the mixture in the frying pan. Once the fritters start to bubble, turn them over and cook for 1-2 minutes until golden.
- Serve with tomato or barbecue sauce.