This Supreme Pizza Pie is such an easy breakfast, lunch or dinner idea – of course, it’s almost identical to a quiche but given my kids love pizza so much, I call it this. The idea of ‘pizza’ also gives you more license to have fun with the toppings and use up pretty much any leftovers you have in the fridge.
Ingredients (makes 12 Slices)
- 2 sheets Puff Pastry
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 Red Onion, sliced
- 6 - 8 Semi Dried Tomato pieces
- 4 - 6 Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 - 3 Slices of Ham
- 4 - 6 Slices of Salami
- 2 - 3 Sprigs fresh basil, oregano or thyme
- 1.5 cups Grated mozarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Grease a pie dish or tin with butter (I use the pie tin with the removable base to make it easy).
- Press the pastry into the tray ensuring you press any joins in the pastry together really well to ensure no leakage during cooking.
- Prick the pastry in a few spots to prevent bubbles during cooking. Sprinkle half the cheese on the bottom of the pastry base.
- Beat the eggs together in a small bowl with a fork just to break them up slightly. Pour into the pastry base.
- Sprinkle all the other pizza ingredients (except the fresh herbs) evenly on top of the egg mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top evenly.
- Cook for 15 - 25 minutes until the pastry is golden brown, the egg mixture is well set and the pizza ingredients are golden brown too.
- Slice and serve hot with salad or use cold for picnics or lunchboxes.