For the little viking in your family this simple and quick toddler blini dinner is a great way to get some ‘brain food’ into your little one.
Ingredients (makes 6 blini)
- Half a green apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Wholemeal self raising flour
- 1/4 cup Quick oats
- 1 Egg
- 50g Smoked salmon
- 50g Cream cheese
- 1 Knob of butter for frying
- Combine the apple, milk, flour, oats and egg and stir well - should be like a cake mix consistency.
- Fry the blini batter - using a tablespoon, make small round pikelets - fry for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden.
- Top the blini with a smear of cream cheese and a piece of smoked salmon.