A great homage to the original!
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 1kg beef mince
- 1 finely diced brown onion (or two if you love onion!)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 4 Celery sticks, sliced thinly
- 10 Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbs Vegemite
- 1 small jar ROSELLA Chutney
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbs mixed herbs
- 2 tbs Vegemite (trust me)
- 1 tin Corn
- 4 Sweet Potato, boil and mash!
- Cheddar cheese to taste/top
- Parmesan cheese to taste/top
- oops forgot the garlic - add with the onion xxx
- Brown mince and onion, add garlic, add veges, cook for 10 minutes, add vegemite, chutney, tomatoes, herbs, and cook until thickened, may need to add some corn flour mixed with water if mix is too thick.
- allow to cool slightly, pop into one large pan, or several small, top with smoothed layer of sweet potato mash, then cheeses
- will freeze easily at this stage - if you want to cook it, cook for about 30-40 minutes in oven at 180 degrees... Yum!
Notes... I served with steamed silverbeet, as all the veges and meat in the dish make it a meal on its own x