This baked cheese will wow your guests when served on a platter. It's creamy and full of flavour
Ingredients (makes 1 cheese around the size of a standard brie or Camembert)
- Butter for greasing the pan
- 1/2 cup Ricotta cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup Goats cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Sun dried capsicum strips, diced into small pieces
- 1 large Egg, and one large egg yolk, at room temperature
- Pinch Fine sea salt
- 1/2 packed cup Fresh basil, chopped
- 2 TBS Good quality extra virgin olive oil, for serving
- 3/4 TBS Sugar
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 4 1/2-inch diameter springform pan. Line the bottom of the pan with a piece of baking paper. Wrap the outside of the pan with a couple of pieces of heavy-duty foil.
- Place the ricotta cheese, cream cheese, and goat cheese in a food processor. Pulse until mixed. Add the sugar, egg, egg yolk, and salt and blend until smooth. Add the basil and capsicum strips and pulse until incorporated.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the prepared pan. Place the pan in an 8-inch by 8-inch square baking dish. Pour enough hot water in the baking dish to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake until the cheese is golden at the edges and the center of the 'cake' moves slightly when the pan is gently shaken (the cheese will become firm when chilled), about 50 minutes. Turn off the oven and allow the cheese to cool in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove the springform pan from the baking dish and remove the foil. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate the cheese for at least 3 hours and up to 2 days.
- Remove the cheese from the springform pan. Allow the cheese to come to room temperature before serving, about 30 minutes.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the top of the cheese with extra-virgin olive oil and serve with assorted crackers.