This Sweet & Fruity Coconut Rice Pudding is a deliciously warm and cosy rice pudding that puts a modern twist on a traditional recipe.
We made this on MoM Cook Club LIVE! Fast forward through the Rich Tomato Amazeballs Meatballs recipe to get to the Sweet & Fruit Coconut Rice Pudding …
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 2 cups Cooked Rice (white or brown)
- 1/2 Can Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Sultanans or Currants
- 300ml Coconut Milk or Cream
- 1 cup Pitted Dates
- 1 Orange
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon or Nutmeg
- About 8 hours before you'd like to make this dessert, combine the dates and sultanas/currants with 1 cup of boiling water and a piece of orange rind, cover and soak.
- When you are ready to make the dessert, strain the water from the dates and sultanas/currants and combine with brown sugar and the juice of the orange.
- Place the fruit mixture into the bottom of an ovenproof baking dish (approx 20cm diameter).
- Combine the rice, condensed milk, coconut cream and 1 cup of the coconut and stir to combine. Spoon this mixture over the fruit mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of coconut over the top of the rice, sprinkle with a little cinnamon or nutmeg then bake on 180C for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Serve with fresh cream, yoghurt or ice cream or just as is. ENJOY!