These Sweet Sticky Citrus Ribs are now an all time favourite in our house! Have a little fun and get creative with your marinade inclusions – spice it up with some chilli flakes or add a little more lemon juice. And you could switch pork for beef ribs easily.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 2 Lemons, juiced
- 1 cup Marmalade, any type is fine
- 1/2 cup Thick Balsamic Vinegar
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch White Pepper
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 kgs Pork Ribs, cut through into single ribs
- 3 large Capsicums, seeded and sliced
- 4 Red Onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 Orange, chopped
- 1 bunch Fresh herbs (any type however we used Thyme in our recipe)
- Combine the lemon juice, marmalade, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour the marinade mix over the pork ribs and mix well. At this stage, you can marinate for up to 12 hours if you're working ahead or prefer a deeper flavour.
- Make a bed of the capsicum, onions, orange and herbs in a large baking dish and then place all the ribs on top.
- Cover and seal with foil and cook in a medium oven or bbq (with lid down) for 1.5 - 2 hours.
- For the last 20 - 30 mins remove the foil so that your ribs brown up beautifully. You may like to turn up the heat slightly to assist with browning.
- Serve with a fresh salad and some baked potatoes. And plenty of paper towel - you'll be licking your fingers a lot!