A tasty way to get veggies into the kids. These fritters are quick, easy and so yummy!
Ingredients (makes 16 large fritters)
- 1 1/2 cups Plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarb soda
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 TBS Chives, chopped
- 1x 420g can Corn kernels
- 1 small Zucchini grated, all moisture removed
- onion powder
- Parsley, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a big bowl. Break the eggs on top and add the milk. Mix until really smooth, using a whisk. Add the cheeses, chives, parsley, zucchini, corn, onion powder, salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Heat a small amount of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add about ⅓ cup of the mixture to the pan for each fritter.
- Cook fritters for 2–3 minutes each side or until they’re puffy, golden and cooked through, using a turner to flip them. Add more oil to the pan as you need it.
- Drain on kitchen paper, and serve warm or cold
Notes... These can be frozen, and thawed when needed. Make sure to season well or they will be a bit bland due to the flour.