A pie full of classic tex-mex flavours that is easy to make and the whole family will enjoy.
Ingredients (makes 8 pies)
- 500 grams Sausage mince
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 jar Salsa
- 1/2 Cup Shredded cheese
- 4 sheets puff pastry, defrosted
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 220c (Fan forced: 200) Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add mince and cook through, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the jar of salsa, stir to combine and cook for a further 5 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut puff pastry to fit your individual pie dish, the bottom and top pastry should overhang by 1cm so that they can be rolled together and sealed.
- Line each pie dish with the bottom pastry, fill with 1/3 cup of meat filling and top with about 1 Tbsp of cheese. Top with remaining pastry and roll overhanging pieces together to seal.
- Bake pies for 10-12 minutes until tops are golden brown. Serve with sour cream and guacamole as desired.