Summer is party time, and this mini version of a Thai Beef Salad in a cucumber cup makes great party finger food. It's quick, fresh and tangy, and effortlessly satisfying on a hot summer’s night. If you don’t have any leftover roast beef, not to worry, cook a steak on the barbecue or if time is not your friend, drop into the deli and pick up some sliced rare roast beef.
Are your family’s hands as clean as they could be? Read the DETTOL Liquid Hand Wash reviews here
Ingredients (serves 10 | makes 20 )
- 2 continental cucumbers
- 300 g cooked roast beef
- 1-2 handfuls bean shoots, chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 handful mint leaves, chopped
- 1 handful coriander, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- To make dressing, add lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil and garlic to a jar with a lid, then shake until combined. Taste and adjust to your liking.
- Mix chopped beef with finely chopped spring onions, chopped bean shoots, mint and coriander. Toss with enough dressing to flavour but not make it too sloppy.
- Cut continental cucumbers into 1½ cm lengths. Then hollow out the seeds (only halfway) making a cup. Fill with beef mix and top with chopped chilli.