Try these delicious Thai oysters the next time you have a dinner party!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh lemongrass
- 1 fresh red birdseye chilli, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) lime juice
- 2½ Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 24 Sydney rock oysters
- Lime wedges
- Combine lemongrass, chili, 2 tablespoon juice, 1 ½ tablespoons fish sauce and 2 teaspoons brown sugar in small bowl. Stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Combine soy sauce, lime leaf, coriander and remaining juice, fish sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl. Stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Arrange oysters on a serving platter. Top half with lemon grass mixture and the remaining oysters with coriander mixture. Serve with lime wedges.