These Tikka Masala Chickballs are quick, simple and a great way to pack loads of veggies and flavour into your meal.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 800g Chicken Mince
- 1 cup Grated Carrot
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 1 medium Onion (white, brown or red) finely diced
- 1 tbsp Plain Flour
- 250g Canned Chick Peas, mashed or blended
- 1/2 tsp Salt & Pepper
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 3 tbsp Tikka Masala Paste
- 2 Lemons (1 zested and both juiced)
- 1 cup Greek Yoghourt
- 1/4 cup Lebanese Cucumber
- 1/2 cup Fresh Mint Leaves
- 2 Zucchinis, grated or spiralised
- In a large, deep lidded frypan bring the chicken stock, lemon juice and tikka masala paste to a gentle simmer.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken mince, carrot, green peas, onion, plain flour, lemon zest and salt/pepper.
- Form the chicken mixture into balls (a little smaller than golf balls) and gently drop into the tikka/stock mixture. Continue for all the mixture and the pan is full. Allow to come back to the boil and then reduce to a very gentle simmer. Place the lid on and continue to simmer. Wriggle the pan every now and then or stir gently to ensure the chickballs are not sticking.
- While the Chickballs are cooking, finely slice the cucumber, tear the mint leaves and mix together with the Greek Yoghourt.
- The Chickballs should be well cooked within about 20 minutes of gentle simmering.
- Spiralise, grate or finely slice the zucchini and arrange in the base of each plate.
- To serve, place the Chickballs on top of the zucchini, add a little more of the simmer sauce and top with the yoghourt and cucumber raita.