This Tim Tam & Walnut Pie is an invention of our own which I only make very rarely. It’s divine but deadly! Just kidding – it won’t kill you but it is very rich and very sweet. Beautiful on its own or serve as a dessert with double cream, cream or ice cream. If you don’t like nuts, just omit the nuts completely.
Nikki Hills x
Founder & Food Editor | Mouths of Mums
Ingredients (makes 12 )
- 1 sheet Short Crust Pastry (or you can make your own)
- 10 Tim Tam biscuits (or similar)
- 2 cups Dark Chocolate (melts or block cooking chocolate)
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celcius (fan forced). Increase to 180 degrees celcius for non fan forced oven.
- Place Tim Tams, 1 cup of the dark chocolate and the walnuts into your food processor and blitz until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Grease a pie dish or tray (I use the one with the removable base to make it easy) and press the pastry into the tray. Trim off any excess pastry to leave a neat edge.
- Blind bake the pastry shell for 10 - 12 minutes (until lightly browned).
- Spoon the tim tam breadcrumb mixture into the pastry shell and press down all over to compact the breadcrumbs and create an even layer all over.
- Place the pie back into the oven and cook for 8 - 10 minutes. Place on a wire cooling rack and allow to cool.
- Melt the other 1 cup dark chocolate then once the pie has cooled, spread an even layer of chocolate over the top of the pie. Sprinkle a few more walnut pieces over the pie if desired.