Ingredients (serves 20 | makes 20 Tiny Turkey Mummies)
- 500g Ingham's Turkey Mince
- 1 Carrot, grated
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Breadcrumbs (fresh or dried)
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tbsp Dried mixed herbs
- 1 packet Puff pastry, cut horizontally into 1 cm strips
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten to coat pastry
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Thaw puff pastry sheets so they are easier to cut and roll.
- In a mixing bowl, combine Ingham's Turkey Mince, chopped onion, grated carrot, breadcrumbs, herbs and salt. Mix until ingredients are combined.
- Lightly beat 1 egg. Fold egg through mince mixture until combined.
- Shape mixture into 20 sausage-like logs, about the same length as your thumb (but a little longer).
- Cut pastry sheets into 1cm strips (horizontally), and then wrap the pastry around the sausage-like mince logs. Use approximately 1-2 strips per mummie log. Lay the mummies on a lined baking tray and repeat until mixture if finished. Brush top of mummie with beaten egg mixture.
- Bake in oven on 200C. Cooking times vary on your oven but aim for approx 18-25 minutes or until golden and cooked all the way through.
If you don't want to use turkey mince, why not try Ingham's Turkey sausages (cut in half) from the new Ingham's Summer Turkey Range!