Taught to me by an old Italian friend. She used to make the cakes from scratch, but decided packet mixes were far easier!
Ingredients (makes 1 Cake)
- 2 X 470gr Buttercake Mixes
- 1 1/3 Cups Strong black Coffee
- 500 gr Marscapone Cheese
- 1/4 cup Icing Sugar (or use icing mix from cake packet)
- 1/2 Cup Marsala
- 1 1/2 cups Thickened Cream
- Cocoa to decorate
- Prepare and cook cake mixes as directed. substituting coffee for the milk or water.
- While cake cools, combine cheese, half the marsala and icing sugar in a bowl. Add cream, and beat until thick.
- Cut the cake into 3 layers, brushing each layer with the remaining marsala.
- Assemble the layers on a platter, using 2 thirds of the cream mix. Spread the remaining cream mix on the top and sides of the cake.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and cocoa to decorate. You can also add chocolate curls on top.