A fun twist on a favorite dessert…everyone likes ice cream cake!
Ingredients (makes 1 large loaf size cake)
- 4 TBS Instant coffee
- 2 TBS Coffee liquor
- 395g tin Condensed milk
- 10 Sponge finger biscuits
- 2/3 cup Boiling water
- 600ml Cream
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Glace Cherries
- Mint leaves lollies cut in half length ways
- Grated dark chocolate
- Line a deep loaf tin with plastic wrap. Dissolve the instant coffee in the hot water, and also add the liquor. Allow to cool.
- Beat the cream and condensed milk until soft peaks form.
- Add half the coffee to the cream and condensed milk mixture. Mix until combined then pour half of the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Combine the rest of the coffee mix with the milk, and dip the sponge fingers into it. Allow them to soak up the mixture turning to ensure the liquid is soaked in evenly. Don’t leave in there for too long though as they will just fall apart. 5-10 seconds per side is usually ample, but you can tell when they’re ready.
- Arrange one layer of biscuits over the condensed milk mixture in the tin, and then pour the remaining half of the mixture on top to cover biscuits. Smooth out and put in freezer uncovered for 2 hours.
- After two hours when it is semi set, lightly cover with cling wrap and return to the freezer for a minimum of 8 hours, overnight is best
- When ready to serve, drizzle some cooled espresso coffee mixed with a dash of milk over the top and sprinkle grated chocolate