This toad in the hole is a hearty family favourite!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 500g Sausages
- 3/4 cup Plain Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- Pinch Salt
- 1 heaped tsp Dijon or whole grain mustard
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Pour oil into a deep roasting pan and place in oven for 5 minutes until hot.
- Add sausages to hot oil carefully. Cook for 10 minutes, turning once, or until just browned.
- Meanwhile, sift flour and salt into a bowl. Whisk eggs, milk and mustard together in a jug and add to flour mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Remove pan from oven. Carefully pour batter over sausages. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until puffed up and golden then serve with your choice of sides.
Notes... Serve with mashed potato, peas and gravy!