Chilli Con Carne with a “Turkey Twist” – healthier& leaner than traditional beef mince.
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 8 mini Chilli bowls)
- 500 gr Inghams turkey mince
- 1 tsbp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp chilli con carne seasoning
- 3/4 cups tomato pasata
- 1/2 cup kidney beans
- 1/2 cup diced avocado
- 1/2 tsp minced red onion
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 8 pc mini tortilla shell bowl
- heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in pan , add garlic and turkey mince.Saute till cooked through , add seasoning , pasatta & beans...cook another 10 mins.
- sprinkle grated cheddar cheese onto a baking tray lined with baking paper - bake for 10 mins at 160 degrees until cheese is melted and golden...remove from oven and let cool. Once cool break into 3 inch pieces.
- Spoon turkey mince filling into each tortilla cup , top with diced avocado, red onion , sour cream, pickled jalapeno, coriander & cheese crisp. serve lime wedges on the side