These Turkey Rissoles with a Mexican Twist are such a great way to include turkey breast (a beautiful lean protein) in your weekly dinner roster. So quick, so easy and so tasty.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 500g Ingham's 98% Fat Free Turkey Breast Mince
- 1 med Brown Onion, finely diced
- 1 cup Corn Kernels (fresh or frozen), roughly chopped
- 1 Carrot, grated or finely diced
- 1/2 tin Black Beans (reserve some for garnish)
- 1 sachet Mexican Flavouring
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs (gluten free if required)
- 500ml Passata or Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 500ml Chicken Stock
- Pinch Salt
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream, to serve
- 1/2 punnet Cherry Tomatoes, to serve
- 1/2 cup Grated Cheese, to serve
- Sprinkle Coriander Leaves, to serve
- Combine the Passata/Pasta Sauce and the chicken stock in a large deep sided frypan and bring to a gentle boil.
- While the tomato sauce is coming to the boil, combine the Ingham's turkey breast mince, onion, corn, carrot, black beans, mexican flavouring, egg, breadcrumbs and a pinch of salt and mix together well.
- Once the tomato sauce reaches a gentle boil, reduce heat to low-med and then drop in large teaspoons of the mince mixture into the sauce and cook through.
- Continue to cook until the tomato sauce reduces to a lovely, thick sauce.
- Transfer to a large serving platter and garnish with cheese, cherry tomatoes, coriander leaves and a sprinkle of black beans.