Shortbread biscuits with a smooth caramel center and drizzled with chocolate. It's very similar to a Twix bar- just in a biscuit!
Ingredients (makes 16 biscuits)
- 105g Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs, yolks only
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Plain flour
- 1/2 - 1 TBS Milk - may not be needed, this is only if the mix is too dry!)
- CARAMEL FILLING
- 14 Jersey caramels, cut in half
- 1 TBS Cream
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
- 1/2 cup Milk OR dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, and line 2 baking trays with baking paper
- To make the shortbread layer, In a medium sized bowl, combine the butter, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla in bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add flour; beat at low speed until well mixed. If mix is too dry and crumbly (this may happen when the egg yolks are small) gradually add in the milk bit by bit, kneading in between each addition until dough comes together . Cover and refrigerate at least 1/2 hour or until firm.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart onto lined baking trays. Make indentation in center of each cookie with thumb or end of wooden spoon handle.
- Bake 7-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool completely.
- To make the caramel filling: Melt the jersey caramels and cream in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds until it is fully melted.
- Using a teaspoon fill each indentation with the caramel, and allow to firm up for approximately 20 minutes. I put them in the fridge during this time
- Melt the chocolate melts in the microwave in 30 second bursts until smooth and fully melted. Place into a zip lock bag, and snip a tiny bit off the end, and drizzle over the cookies