A scrumptious veal pasta dish!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 250g + 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1 Egg
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 450g Veal flattened to Snitzel thickness
- 2 tsp Fresh Basil
- 3 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 Cup White Wine
- 1/3 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Cup Thickened Cream
- 250g Mushrooms, chopped
- 4 slices Short cut bacon, diced.
- Make Pasta: Set up the Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker with the Fettuccine disk. Add 250g Plain Flour to the container.
Crack egg into provided jug and whisk with a fork. Fill to the line with water to make 90g liquid total.
Turn pasta maker on, and add liquid. Cut Fettuccine to length and toss with 2 tbsp Olive Oil, 1 tsp salt and 1tsp Pepper
- Lightly season veal with salt and pepper, coat lightly with flour. Cook in 2tbsp butter and 2tbsp olive oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and slice thinly.
Cover with foil to keep warm
- Place mushrooms and bacon in pan and fry until cooked.
Transfer to bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Add wine to the same pan.
Cook on medium heat to reduce by half.
Add stock, lemon juice and garlic and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and add cream and reduce slightly
Add remaining salt and pepper, Stir in cheese and return veal, mushroom and bacon to the pan to heat through.
- Plate pasta, top with veal sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.