Egg free and dairy free vegan mini meringues!
Ingredients (makes 20 Mini Meringues)
- 400g Can of chickpeas (just the liquid)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 125g Icing Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 100 degrees C or 90 degrees (Fan). Like baking trays with baking paper.
- Add water drained from chickpeas to bowl and using electric hand mixer to whisk for approx 5 minutes until doubled in size and white and foamy.
- Add cream of tartar and whisk for another minute until combined. Slowly add sugar until stiff, glossy peaks form. Stir in vanilla.
- Make tablespoon sized circles of mixture onto the baking trays and place in the oven for 2 hours. Do not open the oven. After 2 hours, turn off the oven and leave for at least another hour until completely cooled. Or leave overnight until cooled in morning.
- Serve with whipped coconut cream and fruit of your choice.