This Warm Mexican Cheesy Dip is a cinch to make and uses really basic pantry ingredients! Perfect for anytime but an absolute must for a cold night with everyone gathered around the kitchen bench digging into this yummy dip.
We made this on MOM COOK CLUB LIVE! Watch the video here:
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 can (240g approx) of diced or whole tomatoes
- 1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 Red Capsicum, chopped into small cubes
- 200g Tasty Cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 Medium tomato, chopped into small chunks
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Mexican Seasoning
- Gently fry the onion and capsicum in a tablespoon of olive oil in a small saucepan.
- Add the fresh tomato and the tin of tomatoes as well as the mexican seasoning. Allow to come to the boil.
- Turn the heat to low then carefully add the cheese cubes (so the hot tomato mix doesn't splash onto you).
- Allow to simmer gently until the veges soften and the cheese melts.
- Take off the heat and place onto a heatproof tray. Arrange corn chips or chunks of bread around the edge and top with a dollop of sour cream and a few jalapenos.
- Serve immediately being very careful as it will be hot. Have the serviettes handy as it's a little messy!