This pizza is perfect for kids with wheat and dairy intolerance. It has cauliflower instead of flour for a crusty base!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 medium head cauliflower, break into small florets
- 2 Tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil (used separately)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 brown onion sliced
- 4 pieces of sun-dried tomatoes sliced
- 6 olives pitted and cut in halves
- 8 sprigs of thyme
- 6 cherry tomatoes cut in halves
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a pizza pan with baking paper. Place cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until they are rice-size crumbles. Transfer to frypan and add 1 Tbsp of oil and salt, cook over medium heat, stirring frequently about 5 minutes until soft and tastes cooked. Transfer to a large bowl to cool for 10 minutes.
- Sauté onion in fry pan with 1 Tbsp oil and a big pinch of salt over medium heat until almost caramelised, turn off the heat and put aside. Stir beaten eggs in with cooled cauliflower, spread the mixture onto the pizza pan and shape into an even round. Drizzle the 1 tsp oil over the top.
- Bake the pizza until the top browns, about 10~12 minutes, take it out of the oven and quickly spread the onion, olive and sun-dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes on top. Place it back to the oven and bake until all heated through, about 5 minutes. Scatter thyme over the top. Cut into wedges and serve.