This is a nut free hummus recipe that my children take to their school. It can be used as a spread inside bread or tortillas, as a dip with vegetable or bread sticks. It also makes a great salad dressing.
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 1 Can White Canellini Beans
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Salt, adjust to taste
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Red Paprika
- Drain the liquid from the Canellini beans and set aside.
- Add the beans, salt, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil to a blender.
- Blend the beans until smooth. Use the reserved liquid to adjust consistency, if required (this seems to differ from one brand to another).
- Add salt to taste and stir in the paprika. Store in the refrigerator.