With winter now in full swing, it’s time to start thinking about those dishes we’ve missed over summer. This is a delicious and hearty soup that incorporates beans for added protein and lots of immunity-boosting ingredients such as garlic, kale, parsley and chilli. Make up a big batch and keep it on hand throughout the week for easy lunches and quick dinners.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Sumac
- 1 tsp Mixed Italian Herbs
- 1 Small Chili
- 1 can Organic White Butter Beans
- 1 Kale (large bunch)
- 1 Broccoli (small head broken into florets)
- 2 cups Water
- 1 can Organic Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Tamari
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Choppped Basil & Parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and add the garlic, paprika, sumac, Italian herbs and chili. Cook this few a few minutes until it is sizzling and aromatic.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, water and tamari and stir well.
- Add the kale and beans and cook for 3-5 minutes to allow the vegetables to soften. Bring to a gentle boil and then season to taste. Visit www.thesourcebulkfoods.com.au to explore and shop its extensive range of wholefoods, discover delicious more recipe content, locate your nearest store and learn more about the company and its mantra