This recipe is simple and makes the most amazing cake bursting with flavour.
Ingredients (makes 1 Cake)
- 440g Navel oranges
- 185g Butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 Eggs
- 2 1/4 cups SR flour
- Pre heat oven to 160 degrees fan forced or 170 degrees no fan. Grease a 22 cm round or spring form pan, and line with paper
- Cut oranges into quarters and remove any seeds and the thick core if there is one, then roughly chop
- Place oranges - skin and all into a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped
- Add butter and sugar and vanilla and pulse again until combined. Don't be worried if it looks curdled Add in eggs and pulse to combine
- Pour mix into a bowl and fold in the flour until just combined.
- Spoon mix into the tin, smooth the surface and place into the oven for 50-55 minutes or until skewer comes out clean
- Allow to mostly cool before removing from the tin and finish cooling on a wire rack