A spooktacular recipe from Paediatric Nutritionist and author of Wholesome Child, Mandy Sacher
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 Medium-sized red capsicums
- 1 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Small Brown Onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 small small zucchini, finely cubed or grated
- 1 cup (250ml) tomato passata
- 1 cup baby spinach, finely chopped
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tbs goat’s cheese or feta, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Slice each capsicum in half vertically and remove the pulp and seeds from inside.
- Place in a baking dish or on a baking tray and bake in oven for 15 mins, take out and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 mins or until soft.
- Add beef, breaking up meat into pieces and cook until browned, approximately 3-4 mins.
- Add zucchini, tomato passata, spinach and parsley and simmer on medium heat for 3-4 mins.
- Add quinoa and season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff capsicums with as much filling as will fit. Return to oven and continue roasting until very soft, about 20 mins.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and serve with fresh herbs on top.