A great one pot meal that is sure to warm you up on a cold winter’s night. Leftovers are perfect for lunch the next day.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 600g thickly sliced veal steak
- cooking spray
- 1½ cups carrot diced
- 1 medium (150g) swede diced
- 1 large (150g) parsnip diced
- 1½ cups celery sliced
- 1 onion large dice
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic (in jar)
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 x 420g can salt-reduced tomato soup
- 1 x 415g can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced beef stock powder
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- Cut veal into large dice.
- Coat a non-stick frypan with cooking spray and sauté veal until brown. Remove onto a plate and leave to one side.
- Re-spray frypan then add carrots, swede, parsnip, celery, onion and garlic and cook together for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add veal and all remaining ingredients except fresh parsley and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes or until meat is tender and vegetables are cooked to your liking.
- Add parsley and pepper to taste.