I decided to share my World Harmony Cake with you all today and send my LOVE and STRENGTH to all.
The cake is a marble butter cake using different colours to represent all the colours of the beautiful people in the world. I used tiny gingerbread folk around the outside of the cake holding hands, in the middle is a stencil of all the different cultures and people of the world coming together in peace and harmony and this is what I pray and wish for – world peace.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup milk
- food colouring, (use as many colours as you like)
- For the butter cream icing:
- 185g butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups icing sugar mixture
- 2 tbsp milk
- Packet Gingerbread men, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in flour and milk until combined.
- Spread into prepared pan. Drop different colour food dyes in different places in cake mix and give a gentle swirl.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the icing/frosting: Using an electric mixer, beat butter in a bowl until pale. Gradually add icing sugar mixture and milk, beating constantly until combined.
- Decorate with gingerbread men.