Absolutely the easiest muffin recipe. It was passed down to me by my mother in law, and to her from her mother. She calls them cheesy scones.
Ingredients (serves 12 | makes 12 Muffins)
- 1 1/2 cups Full cream milk
- 1 1/2 cups Self raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups Grated cheese (tasty or a combination of cheeses)
- Preheat oven to 180. Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tray.
- In one bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Place heaped spoon fills of mixture into muffin tray. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and mixture is pulling away from the edges of the tray. Allow to cool in tray for 5 minutes, then turn out so the muffins don't sweat.