A middle eastern very healthy halwa for sweet lovers
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 500 gms Yellow split peas
- 750ml Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Butter/ margarine/ ghee
- 3 TBS Desiccated coconut
- 13 tbs Almonds
- Soak yellow split peas over night.
- Cook them in milk until they are fully cooked.
- Mash yellow split peas in a chopper and make a paste.
- Now add ghee in the pan and add peas paste. Keep on stirring until ghee separates.
- Add sugar and desiccated coconut. Allow it to cool amd them decorate it with chopped almonds. Enjoy either hot or cold.