The original receipe called for spearmint leaves, but I have not seen them in the shops for ages, so I use mint leaves instead (Kmart still stock them)
Ingredients (makes 15 biscuits)
- 125 grams Butter
- 1/2 Cup Castor Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Self Raising Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 Cup Chopped mint leave lollies
- 3 Cups Cornflakes
- Preheat oven to 180c and grease 2 baking trays.
- Cream butter and sugar, beat in egg and vanilla essence.
- Fold in flour, mint leaves and cornflakes, Drop in tablespoonfuls onto trays
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, cool on a wire rack