This cheesecake is a no guilt cheesecake it is super healthy and super tasty and you will be surprised with the result! Who knew you could make a cheesecake from greek yoghurt and cashews!
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 20 or 330grams medjool dates
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 cup greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Soak the cashews in boiling water for 2 hours, or soak in cold water overnight.
- Grease and line a round baking cake tin, preferably with removable base and sides to allow for easy removal when serving.
- To make the base, using a food processor blits up the nuts, then add in the dates and orange juice and pulse until they form a crumb. Add to the prepared tin and press down to form the base.
- To make the filling, using a high powered blender (i use a nutri ninja) add in the cashews (drain from water first) add in the vanilla, lemon juice, yoghurt and oil. Blitz until super smooth. Then add onto the base. Cover with plastic cling wrap and freeze for a few hours until set, you can set overnight for the best result.
- To serve, get the cheesecake out of the freezer and let it sit on the bench for about 10-15minutes. Slice and enjoy with your favourite berries.