This yummy fried rice is a quick and easy meal for all the family and great for using up leftover rice and for boosting the kids veggie intake!
Ingredients (serves 3)
- 2 cups Cooked rice
- 1 Egg
- 1 Carrot finely chopped
- 3 Mushrooms finely chopped
- 2 rashers Bacon finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup Frozen peas
- 1/4 cup Frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sweet chilli or hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh ginger grated
- Whisk the egg and cook like an omelette in a hot pan or wok. Remove and put to one side. Add a little oil and fry the garlic, bacon, carrots and mushrooms for a couple of minutes until the carrots are just tender.
- Add the rice to the pan (works best when the rice is cold) and cook for a few more minutes, stirring all the time. Add the soy sauce and either sweet chilli or hoisin sauce (depending if you want it a little spicy or not) and also throw in the frozen peas and corn.
- Chop the omelette and add this to the pan to warm through then finally grate a little fresh ginger over the fried rice and toss through.