easy and delicious !
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 50 grams unsalted butter - chopped
- 2/3 cup brown sugar - firmly packed
- 2/3 cup golden syrup
- 3 eggs - lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups pecan halves
- whipped cream to serve
- 2 22 cm pie crusts
- Place butter, sugar and golden syrup in a small saucepan over low heat and cook , stirring for 5 minutes or until butter melts and mixture is smooth
- Set aside to cool slightly
- Add eggs and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Scatter pecans over pie crust and pour over the golden syrup mixture
- Place on an oven tray and bake for 35 minutes or until filling is browned and firm to the touch