Lovely for afternoon tea with a cuppa .
Ingredients (makes 1 tart)
- 500 Grams Plain flour
- 250 grams Butter
- 200grams Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1- 1 1/2 cups jam ( any flavor )
- Grease a 30 cm flan tin well with butter or cooking spray. Set oven to 180 degrees
- Mix flour and sugar in a bowl, Work in butter with clean dry hands
- Add eggs and ,again, mix in with hands. At this stage the eggs don't need to be mixed in 100 %. When a thick dough has been reached you are ready to use.
- Break off a small handful of dough to be used for decoration, Place the rest on the prepared tray and push all over the base and sides evenly.
- Spread the jam over the base .
- Break off pieces of the reserved dough and roll out into thin sausage shapes. Place them on top of the jam to form a lattice effect
- Bake for approx 30-40 minutes or until pastry is light golden
Notes... This pastry is the same i've used in my "festive fruit flan" recipe. Its a good way to use any left over pastry. I don't always do the lattice, sometimes i cut shapes out of the pastry and put those on top of the jam. Any flavor jam can be used, but i love any berry jam on this .