This winter warming Irish chicken hot pot is courtesy of Zoe Bingley-Pullin on behalf of My Food Bag.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 300g chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red chilli, seeds removed, finely diced
- 2-3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup continental parsley, roughly chopped (keep half for serving)
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels, cut into 3cm pieces and season with salt.
- Heat olive oil in a large fry-pan (preferably non-stick) on medium-high heat. Brown chicken for 1-2 minutes each side, (chicken doesn't have to be cooked through), remove from pan and set aside.
- Add a drizzle of oil to the pan and cook onion for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add garlic, chilli and paprika and cook for a further minute, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock and water and bring to the boil. Add chicken and sweet potato and cook, covered, for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Add the tomatoes and half the parsley and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- TO SERVE: Divide hot pot between plates and garnish with parsley.