Great served warm or cold.
Easy dish to take when asked to bring a plate.
Ingredients (makes 20 fritters)
- 300g Zucchini
- 4 Spring onions,thinly sliced
- 200g Haloumi cheese,coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup plainflour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs fresh dill,chopped and sprigs to garnish
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 lemon, cut into very thin slices
- 1/3 cup greek style yogurt
- Coarsely grate zucchini and squeeze as much liquid out as possible
- Combine zucchini,Haloumi,flour,eggs and dill.
- Season well with salt and cracked black pepper
- Heat oil in heavy based frying pan Form fritters,using heaped teaspoons of the mixture
- Cook in batches for approx. 2 mins each side, or until golden and firm
- Drain on crumpled paper towel
- cut lemon into little triangles and top each fritter with a little yoghurt, lemon and sprig of dill