one of the TASTE mags top recipes – I think it needs more taste to be honest, so add your own herbs, seasoning, etc, or it tastes a bit one dimensional!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 300g sweet potato, peeled, coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 eggs ( can opt to just use whites of two if you wish)
- 40g plain flour (or a wee bit more if the mix is too mushy, remember the ricotta strengthens)
- 125g reduced fat ricotta
- 250g zucchini, grated, moisture removed
- 2 tbs each of flat leaf parsley and chives
- Preheat oven to 180c Grease and line a 26x16cm slice pan.
- Heat the oil in a large non stick fry pan over high heat, and cook the onion, stirring for 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in the garlic for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Whisk the eggs, and flour in a large bowl until mixture is smooth. Whisk in ricotta until just combined. Stir in the sweet potato mixture, zucchini, herbs, season.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Bake for 30 minutes until golden and cooked through. Set aside to cool slightly
- Serve the slice with tomatoes, scattered with extra parsley and rocket