This zucchini pudding is so easy to make. It is vegan, oil and a sugar free recipe. Uses up all the excess zucchini in the garden and is easy for little hands to mix and make with supervision.
Ingredients (makes 4 - 6 servings.)
- 1 cup Shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup Xylitol
- 3/4 cup Wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp All spice powder
- 2 Tbsp Cold water, optional
- Put the shredded Zucchini into a mixing bowl and add Xylitol and mix in.
- Add the cinnamon and allspice and mix.
- Slowly fold in the flour with a fork making sure there are no large lumps of flour. Add the optional cold water bit by bit only if, the mixture seems too dry. (I needed about 3/4 Tbsp. Depends on how tender the zucchinis are.)
- Take a glass microwave container and spray with non stick spray.
- Carefully pour in the mixture into the glass pan and microwave for 4 - 5 minutes depending on the microwave power. Stand in the microwave after it finishes cooking, a slightly damp spot in the middle will go off after standing for 6 - 10 minutes. Depending on the microwave if centre isn't cooked, microwave in short bursts of 30 seconds till the centre springs back when touched.
- Eat warm covered with melted jam and desiccated coconut or, plain.