Old habits sometimes die hard, especially when it comes to the daily ritual of washing our dishes, pots and pans. But there is a way to use your dishwasher everyday and still save time, energy and money.
The team at dishwashingexpert.com.au have taken the guesswork out of ensuring you’re getting great results and not costing yourself or the planet a fortune!
Here are their top tips on saving time, energy and money:
- Do not pre-rinse dishes by hand, it’s not needed and only wastes water.
- Fully load the dishwasher (i.e. resist the temptation to run it when it is only half full) and ensure it is loaded correctly, leaving room for water to circulate for a brilliant ‘first time, everytime’ clean
- Use 50°C, ECO or AUTO wash cycle as your every day program, designed to use minimal energy consumption but still maintain cleaning.
- Use the timer setting to run the dishwasher in the middle of the night to use cheaper energy rates.
- Check and clean drains, filters, spray arms and check rubber seals regularly to ensure efficient operation.
- Recycle product packaging.
All the information in this post was compiled by the team at dishwashingexpert.com.au. Visit the dishwashingexpert.com.au site for hints, tips, useful information, dishwasher reviews, instructional videos and cost calculators.