Mums share the items they would never buy from Aldi and you may be surprised.

We are not huge fans of the fruit from Aldi at times. Much prefer to grab from our local small grocer or the fruit market.

It appears we are not alone!

Mums shared the products they refuse to buy

It seems many people actually are not huge fans of Aldi meat, bread, milk, dairy and especially the fresh produce like fruit & veg.

One mum shared, ” Their meat. I am just never happy with that so I buy it from the butcher. I also don’t buy their prepackaged fruit/veg I think it’s a lot of wasted plastic.”

Another said, “Fruit and veg is not great at ours.”

Another wrote, “Their meat tastes like crap!”

Yet another said, “Their meat, fruit and veg is a no from me.”

“Frozen foods from China (or NZ (who import from China and then repackage)”

Even bread was a NO for some people, “Normal bread always get mouldy really quickly but the special breads are fine.”

Another said the bread was always stale.

And another shared, “Bread for sandwiches. Don’t mind there sour dough for toast. All the rest is horrid.”

Someone also mentioned the cheese even!

Julie agreed, “creams, milk, yoghurts can’t stand he flavour, their bread I personally like mine soft there’s feels hard and stale like.”

What other items would you never buy at Aldi?

• I used to buy most things from Aldi before I moved to Tassie. I never had a problem with the meat but some things were more expensive. Apples I wouldn’t buy as they often had flowery taste but pretty much all other fruit was fine if a good price.

• Wow. Let’s go Aldi. Funny, I’m not a regular shopper there but I’m always picking up tips on family and friend’s good buys from there. I’ve been known to buy their bread or rolls or fresh fruit and veg or meat options and they’ve all been fine. I tend to stick with my Coles supermarket though as it’s close, convenient and has what I need.

• Food! I only like their random offers.

• I think this is a great article. I used to think aldi was the bees knees and in some ways it still is but now that they’ve been around for some time people are realising what they like and don’t like and that goes for the major supermarkets too.

• I do not buy meat as it’s crap I also do not buy cheap coffee or tea ever .
    I do not like the amount of plastic wrap around fruit and veg .
    I love there butter . Fish salmon . But I do not buy frozen veg from anywhere that is from China or imported.family comes first ..

• It’s true. Their salmon is very good!

• I have been happy with the meat prices at Aldi and also with the taste.
    The porterhouse steak is particularly good.

• I have to say, I brought the Gluten Free bread and it was so dry, it really was like eating cardboard!

• I stopped buying from Aldi all together. Their prices are nice, but their products aren’t good.

• Oh really informative! I’ll take note of these items in future

• Their flavoured milk Ram is really very sweet and strong in flavour. Even with it being cheaper the children will not drink it.

• I won’t buy their apples. I have found that they were coated in wax (??????) or something. I couldn’t even wash it off.

• I don’t buy anything from Aldi as it’s not an Australian store and all their profits go back home to the owners of Aldi in Germany. I like to purchase goods in Coles or Woolworths or IGA where our super funds can invest in them and get a return for their members – it makes the money go round and stay here in Aus.

• I agree, Aldi is not transparent about their intentions or if they pay enough tax either. And they run with minimum staff. I went there recently and could not even get any staffs attention to ask a question, gave up and walked out, that does not happen at woolies or coles.

• Maybe ask the one thing that people won’t buy from Coles, Woolworths and IGA as well. You will find that people will complain about certain items and say things are not up to their standard and choose Aldi products instead. Not fair to give them bad media coverage if you don’t do it for other stores as well

• There is no Aldi where I live.I would probably buy some of their products.

• I dun buy their fruits especially grapes and oranges. They go bad very quick and the skin of the grapes were thick and bitter. Used to buy the diapers from them but recently the quality seems going downhill. The only thing i get from them is their 40% chocolate chips cookies.